HIGH SCHOOL TEACHER COURSE: Introducing Green Chemistry in the High School Classroom
June 12, 2023 @ 12:00 am - August 7, 2023 @ 12:00 am
If you’re looking to integrate green chemistry principles and practices into your teaching through real-world sustainable inventions, this is the course for you!
ABOUT THIS COURSE
- High school science and engineering teachers: Join us for a course that will support Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) integration in your classes!
- In this course, Beyond Benign Certified Lead Teacher Cassidy Javner will help prepare you to integrate green chemistry principles and practices into your teaching through real-world sustainable inventions. You’ll also learn how to develop safer labs and lessons aligned to your local standards in an interactive online environment.
- This course features forum discussions, lesson plan development, and 4 synchronous zoom classes. Discussions will focus on how to prepare for effective remote learning in this time of an ever-changing educational landscape.
THIS COURSE IS RIGHT FOR YOU IF:
• You want to create a safer, more engaging learning environment
• You’re interested in how problem solving with chemistry helps create solutions for sustainability challenges
BY ENROLLING YOU’LL LEARN:
• How to integrate green chemistry practices and principles into your teaching
• How to infuse NGSS learning into your classrooms by developing safer labs and lessons
COURSE TOPICS INCLUDE:
• Developing safer labs and lessons
• Preparing for effective student driven learning
• Integrating green chemistry into your teaching
Funding provided by the NYS Pollution Prevention Institute through a grant from the Environmental Fund as administered by the NYS Department of Environmental Conservation.
Free sponsorships to Oregon teachers provided by Oregon Department of Ecology
WA teachers receive 1/2 off registration both courses thanks to the sponsorship from Washington Department of Ecology