Our higher education professional development is aimed at sharing best practices in integrating green chemistry in higher education programs, including developing resources for chemistry faculty and students to connect toxicology concepts to chemistry content in their courses and programs.
Through the Green Chemistry Commitment, Beyond Benign facilitates a community of practice within the chemistry field to share best practices and tried-and-true approaches to green chemistry in higher education. Our approach includes:
- A Green Chemistry Education Webinar Series for faculty and students
- Facilitating workshops and conference symposia on models and practices for adopting green chemistry and toxicology across the sub-disciplines of chemistry.
- Coordinating working groups comprised of faculty and professionals that are working collaboratively on joint projects.
toxicology for chemists
We facilitate workshops at national chemistry and chemistry education conferences and develop curriculum resources that are aimed at providing chemistry faculty with:
- Understanding in the principles of toxicology, the molecular mechanisms of how chemicals affect human health and the environment, and the resources to identify and assess molecular hazards
- Opportunities to learn from and interact with their peers who are integrating toxicology concepts into chemistry courses and programs
"I am very unfamiliar with toxicology and followed all presentations. I thought it was presented at a very appropriate level."
- 2016 BCCE Toxicology for Chemists workshop participant