The Washington College Department of Chemistry is one of only a few departments in the country that has an established faculty chair in Green Chemistry. The department integrates green chemistry into undergraduate courses and also highlights green chemistry as a topic for undergraduate research.
Honors General Chemistry; Organic Chemistry; Inorganic Chemistry; Green and Sustainable Chemistry Course
- Develop lab manual with green chemistry experiments with the help of students
- Outreach in the community (Elementary, Middle, and High School)
- Work with the art department to develop a course on Art and Chemistry: Through the Lens of Greener Chemistry
- Connect Green Chemistry Concepts to Research
- Gain more knowledge in mechanisms and toxicology to incorporate into courses