University of Detroit Mercy
As student members of the American Chemical Society, Detroit Mercy’s Chemistry Club exists to promote chemical and green chemistry education through community service in an urban setting, provide pre-professional opportunities, and engage in fellowship through social activities.
Chemistry B.A., Chemistry B.S., Chemistry M.S.
Organic Chemistry, Student Chapter/Club Activities and/or Outreach
Chemistry Club; https://www.facebook.com/udmchemistryclub/
- Create a stand-alone green chemistry elective course
- Connect our ACS student chapter with other ACS student chapters
- Incorporate green chemistry into all Chemistry Club outreach events
- Implement green chemistry practices into all undergraduate lab courses
- Emphasize the importance of green chemistry for all research groups
- Offer a minor in chemistry, a minor in green chemistry, and/or a degree in green chemistry
- Develop an undergraduate toxicology course
Green Chemistry: Theory and Practice (Anastas & Warner), Cradle to Cradle (McDonough & Braungart), University of Scranton Green Chemistry Website