University of Colorado Colorado Springs
UCCS Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry has started with integrating green and sustainable chemistry initiatives into their introduction to general, organic, and biochemistry lecture and labs, general chemistry and organic chemistry teaching labs, upper division elective courses including computational and environmental chemistry. Faculty members and student researchers have projects related to green chemistry in their research laboratories. The first year laboratory curriculum coordinators have training in creating and delivering green and sustainable chemistry content and techniques. The integration of green and sustainable chemistry comes from the collaboration of students and faculty. Special thanks to Niki Juhl and Tisha Mendiola Jessop who are the active leaders of these initiative through the guidance of Dr. Janel Owens with support from Dr. David Anderson.
Chemistry B.A., Chemistry B.S., Chemistry M.S.
General Chemistry, General, Organic and Biochemistry (GOB) – for healthcare.
Biochemistry and Chemistry Club, mlc.uccs.edu/organization/biochemchemclub
- Vertical articulation of green chemistry through our courses for both chemistry and biochemistry
- Professional development for faculty
- Integration of green chemistry into lecture courses
- Participation in department seminar series
- Become leaders of green chemistry education for Southern Colorado for both higher ed and K-12 schools
- Green Chemistry Education – Paul Anastas
- Beyond Benign
- ACS Green Chemistry Institute
- UN SDGs
- Healthy Hospitals Initiatives
- Integrating Green and Sustainable Chemistry Principles into Education – Dicks and Bastin
- University of Toronto – The Green Chemistry Initiative