Milligan’s faculty are committed to integrating green chemistry principles in courses and labs across the discipline. Organic chemistry students work to discover how green chemistry has been implemented in processes that have been recognized by the EPA Presidential Green Chemistry Challenge Awards, incorporate greener processes in laboratory experiments, and more. Biochemistry students learn how all of the work done in pharmaceutical research is influenced by green chemistry, and analytical chemistry students discover new ways to approach problems in a greener way. Research students are currently working to find greener solvents to use for solid phase peptide synthesis.
Chemistry Bachelor of Science (B.S.)
Organic Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry, Faculty Research, Student Research, Student Chapter/Club Activities and/or Outreach.
Milligan Pre-Health Club, Contact: Kristen Mudrack, email@example.com.
1. Implementing green chemistry within general chemistry course.
2. Further integrating green chemistry into the organic chemistry curriculum and biochemistry curriculum.
3. Get student groups involved in green chemistry outreach.
1. DOZN Quantitative Green Chemistry Evaluator.
2. Green Organic Chemistry, Doxsee and Hutchinson.
3. EPA Presidential Green Chemistry Awards.