Central New Mexico Community College
The Chemistry Department at Central New Mexico Community College started down a greener path several years ago, by re-writing their introduction to Chemistry lab manual to incorporate the principles of green chemistry. The department is currently working on incorporating more green chemistry into the General and Organic laboratory curriculum. CNM is a member of AASHE (the Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education).
General Chemistry; Organic Chemistry; Outreach
CNM Student Sustainability Club.
- Increase the number of students graduating with an associate’s degree in chemistry
- Consider MyGreenLab to help with future remodeling of lab buildings
- Help the Chemistry League find a faculty sponsor and increase involvement
- Reduce solvent usage
- Find atom economical organic chemistry reactions for organic chemistry lab
- Collaborate with local organizations to design an exhibit for their local science museum, Explora
- Starting a Community College Working Group