Module 09 – Ecotoxicology
This module provides: an introduction to ecotoxicology, an overview of exposure and thresholds, an overview of the main concepts and scales of ecotoxicology, and some applications of ecotoxicology. Using these materials, students will learn: the history of ecotoxicology; why ecotoxicology is important to sustainability; effects on levels of biological organization; relations to hazard and risk assessment; relations to broader green chemistry concepts; and analysis and interpretation of ecotoxicology datasets. Multiple case studies and in-class activities are provided in the lecture slides, not in separate documents.
- “9A – Intro to Ecotoxicology” (1-2 hours)
- “9B – Exposure and Thresholds in Ecotoxicology” (1-2 hours)
- “9C – Concepts and Scales of Ecotoxicology” (1-2 hours)
- “9D – Applications of Ecotoxicology” (1-2 hours)
- Supplementary Information: contained within the lecture slides and lesson plan
Keywords: ecotoxicology, exposure, hazard, risk, scale, applications, general chemistry, organic chemistry, environmental chemistry.
File Size: 14 MB