Module 03 – Toxicokinetics and Toxicodynamics
This module is an introduction to toxicokinetics and toxicodynamics. The module is split into five lectures addressing: absorption, distribution, biotransformation, excretion, and toxicodynamics. Using these materials, students will be able to: explain and describe ADME; learn introductory biochemistry, chemistry, and anatomy to explain ADME; and explain and describe toxicodynamics. The lecture slides have multiple in-class discussions and assignments throughout.
- “3A – Absorption” (0.5-1 hour)
- “3B – Distribution” (0.5-1 hour)
- “3C – Biotransformation” (0.5-1 hour)
- “3D – Excretion” (0.5-1 hour)
- “3E – Toxicodynamics” (1-2 hours)
- Lesson Plans:
- For all lectures
- Supplementary Information:
- Two student assignments
- Additional resources for instructors and students
Keywords: ADME, biochemistry, organic chemistry, general chemistry, anatomy, toxicodynamics.
File Size: 29 MB