MIDDLE SCHOOL AND HIGH SCHOOL TEACHER COURSE: Sustainable Science: Contextualizing Chemistry Through Safer Hand-On Labs
June 12, 2023 @ 12:00 am
If you’re a science teacher looking to create a safer, more engaging learning environment for your students, this is the course for you!
ABOUT THIS COURSE
Are you a science teacher looking to create a safer, more engaging learning environment for your students? Learn how to weave Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) sustainability content into your classrooms in this remote learning course for middle school and high school science teachers.
Beyond Benign Lead Teacher Erin Mayer will teach this course through a combination of synchronous and asynchronous learning. Participants will leave with a toolkit of resources and access to a network of other like-minded educators in the region.
*Free for teachers in NY, Oregon, and Environmental Justice Communities
THIS COURSE IS RIGHT FOR YOU IF:
• You’re interested in engaging strategies for NGSS-aligned chemistry labs
• You want to foster a safe and engaging classroom environment
• You’re interested in how problem-solving with chemistry helps create solutions for sustainability challenges
BY ENROLLING YOU’LL LEARN:
• How to weave NGSS sustainability content into your classroom
• How to spark student interest and increase self-efficacy in your classroom
COURSE TOPICS INCLUDE:
• NGSS aligned labs featuring easily accessible and safe materials
• Plug and play lessons for physical science in chemistry classrooms
• Lessons based on real-world innovations
Funding provided by the NYS Pollution Prevention Institute through a grant from the Environmental Fund as administered by the NYS Department of Environmental Conservation.Washington teacher funding provided by Department of Ecology