Integrating Green Chemistry Into Higher Education Day
July 7, 2023
Join the Beyond Benign team and Green Chemistry Commitment Signer, University of York, in this FREE and HYBRID event on July 7th, 2023 which will explore strategies for integrating green chemistry into higher education curricula so that we may prepare the next generation of scientists, engineers, and policymakers to tackle grand challenges of sustainability through chemistry. This event is aimed at chemistry educators that are new to green chemistry through to those that are leaders in the field.
The key themes for the day will include:
- Transferrable interventions and resources for teaching green chemistry
- Greening undergraduate laboratories: from experiments to sustainable lab operation and management
- Designing and redesigning curricula to embed green chemistry
- Making the case for green chemistry for collective support and empowerment
- Integration of diversity, equity, inclusion, and respect into green chemistry instruction.
Outputs from the day will include:
- Connecting to an international network of enthusiastic green chemistry educators
- Sharing of resources, courses and programme plans for green chemistry teaching\
- An action plan as to how you may adapt your own curriculum to integrate green chemistry.
Attendees may participate face-to-face where free lunch and refreshments will be provided. There will also be the facility to participate virtually as part of this event. Please register for this hybrid event here.
Contributions (virtual or face-to-face) are welcome where the structure will be a 10 min oral presentation followed by discussion. Please contact email@example.com by 1st April 2023 if you wish to be considered for a contribution.
There is a range of accommodation available in York though Franklin Houseis specifically recommended and is a short walk from the Green Chemistry Centre of Excellence Please direct all queries to firstname.lastname@example.org
More information about this event can be found here.
- Who: Chemistry educators that are new to green chemistry through to those that are leaders in the field.
- When: Friday July 7th, 10 AM – 4 PM (BST)
- Where: Green Chemistry Centre of Excellence, Department of Chemistry, University of York, Heslington, York, UK.
- How: Register here!