- This event has passed.
Advanced Green Chemistry: Connections to Our World
June 12, 2023 @ 12:00 am - August 7, 2023 @ 12:00 am
If you’re looking to expand your students’ horizons and support their project-based learning and invention in the classroom, this is the course for you.
ABOUT THIS COURSE
Ready to take green chemistry to the next level in your classroom? Have you already started replacing your labs with safer materials?
Join Beyond Benign Certified Lead Teacher Annette Sebuyira as you expand your knowledge of green chemistry principles and practices by analyzing Presidential Green Chemistry Challenge Award technologies. In this course, you’ll dive into toxicology for chemistry basics and investigate the pedagogy for effective guidance of student-based research projects and inquiry-based projects.
*Free for teachers in NY, Oregon, and Environmental Justice Communities; 1/2 off for Washington teachers
THIS COURSE IS RIGHT FOR YOU IF:
• You want to support your students’ project-based learning and invention in the classroom
• You have completed Intro to Green Chemistry and are ready to advance to the next level
• You are curious about how to foster student
BY ENROLLING YOU’LL LEARN:
• How to expand your knowledge of green chemistry principles and practices
• How to infuse student-driven projects and research into your curriculum
• How to develop deeper real-world chemistry connections for your students
COURSE TOPICS INCLUDE:
• Analyzing Presidential Green Chemistry Challenge Award technologies
• Introduction to Toxicology for chemistry basics
• Integration of science research into your chemistry course
Funding provided by the NYS Pollution Prevention Institute through a grant from the Environmental Fund as administered by the NYS Department of Environmental Conservation.
WA teachers receive 1/2 off registration both courses thanks to the sponsorship from Washington Department of Ecology
Free sponsorships to Oregon teachers provided by Oregon Department of Ecology