6th Annual Green Chemistry Commitment Summit
June 12, 2023
You’re invited! On June 12th, 2023, join us during the 6th Annual Green Chemistry Commitment (GCC) Summit to celebrate 10 years of the GCC! You will be able to share your work with the GCC Community at the Summit and the 26th Green Chemistry and Engineering conference by submitting a poster about your institution’s work towards Green Chemistry education!
About the Summit
Integrating Green Chemistry into our Higher Education system is fundamental. During our Green Chemistry Commitment Summit, you will be able to connect with our growing and inspiring community of chemists and educators from around the globe; gain valuable connections, resources, and insights; and learn how you can be an essential part of a systemic change in chemistry education.
During our 6th Annual Green Chemistry Commitment Summit, you will be able to:
- Connect, collaborate and network with fellow green chemists, educators, and industry leaders;
- Access and share useful resources about Green Chemistry and Sustainability;
- Innovate together towards a systemic change in chemistry education;
Is this event for me?
Wondering if you should join us? This event is for you if you are:
- Higher Education faculty from universities across the globe;
- Looking into incorporating Green Chemistry into your courses;
- Expanding Green Chemistry in your courses and on your campus;
- Looking for resources and networking within the field of Green Chemistry education;
- A supporter of Green Chemistry education.
- Who: Higher Ed faculty, Green Chemistry practitioners, Green Chemistry supporters
- When: June 12th, 2023, 9 AM – 5 PM (PT)
- Where: Long Beach, CA, USA; Hilton Long Beach Hotel, Rooms Pacific I & II (second floor)
- How: Join us in-person or virtually! The virtual portion of the Summit will be from 9 AM – 3 PM (PT)
- Registration is free!
All times below are in Pacific Time Zones (PT):
9:30 – 10:30 AM: Plenary Session: A Call to Action
10:30 AM – 11:30 AM: Awards Presentations
(In-person) 11:30 AM – 1:00 PM: Networking lunch break
(Virtual) 11:30 AM – 12:00 PM: Break
12:00 PM – 1:00 PM: Virtual resource sharing and sign-up for the (GCTLC)
1:00 PM – 3:00 PM: Responding to the Call to Action: How do we get there?
(In-person) 3:00 PM – 5:00 PM: Taking Actions: GCTLC sign-up, GCC discussion
5:00 PM: Networking reception. More information to follow.