Beyond Benign, a nonprofit organization dedicated to green chemistry education, is seeking a professional individual for a new position as a Post-Doctoral Scholar for Beyond Benign’s higher education programs. At Beyond Benign, our mission is to foster a green chemistry community that empowers educators to transform chemistry education for a sustainable future. To spread awareness of green chemistry and grow its application, we focus on K-12 and higher education. In our higher education programs, we focus on the Green Chemistry Commitment (GCC), a consortium program aimed at increasing the adoption of green chemistry in higher education. The Post-Doctoral Scholar position involves supporting the GCC program, along with additional higher education programs, and includes multiple tasks.
- Work with Executive Director and a multidisciplinary team of faculty and professionals to develop Toxicology for Chemists curriculum that address resource gaps for chemists
- Support and lead curriculum development projects for higher education for use in higher education institutions
- Lead and facilitate working groups of college and university faculty to support the integration of Green Chemistry in higher education
- Support the recruitment of signatories of the GCC and maintain contacts of prospective and current signers
- Work with higher education team to prepare communications (i.e., newsletters, social media, e-mail communications, annual reports, flyers, presentations, website updates, etc.)
- Coordinate webinars, conferences, workshops, and other program tasks as needed
- Work closely with faculty and students to promote and advance Green Chemistry in higher education
A minimum of a Ph.D. in Chemistry, or related STEM subject is required. Experience in green chemistry research, outreach and education is beneficial. Experience and interest in project management, partnership development and communications are beneficial. Attention to detail, excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential. Proficiency in Microsoft Office and social media are desired.
Terms: One-year full-time position
Compensation: Salary is negotiable and will be based on experience and qualifications, plus benefits package/PTO available.
Contact: E-mail cover letter, resume/CV and inquires to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12/23/2020.