Beyond Benign is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to foster a green chemistry education community that empowers educators to transform chemistry education for a sustainable future. Beyond Benign is seeking a professional individual for a new position as Communications and Event Coordinator. This role is an administrative role that supports our marketing and event operations with responsibilities including but not limited to:assisting in the creation of marketing materials for social media and newsletters, tracking and reporting analytics on marketing, outreach, and communications campaigns, and coordinating conferences and events.
The Communications and Event Coordinator will work under the supervision of the Chief Operating officer and in partnership with other members of the Beyond Benign team. The ideal candidate will possess a positive attitude, professionalism, and be a team player who is able to work collaboratively and efficiently. Exceptional organizational and communication skills with impeccable attention to detail, and the ability to manage competing priorities and within deadlines is also required.
Key Communication Responsibilities
- Manage the Beyond Benign website, including copy and event updates and liaison with designers, developers, marketing team, and data team.
- Liaison with marketing agency to provide content for Beyond Benign’s social media and newsletters
- Support communication needs for the Higher Education team by providing on-boarding information to new Green Chemistry Commitment signers, collect data and media assets from new signers and promote their profiles on the website and in our external media outlets, sending email invites for events and programming
- Support communications needs for the GCTLC platform by designing and distributing information to enhance recruitment and engagement of users
- Support effective contact management data collection, in partnership with the Head of Finance & Data Management, including creating and designing forms for recruitment, program participant evaluations, importing data into organizational databases , etc.
- Support the program teams to collect data and outcomes to effectively communicate the success and future opportunities of projects and programs
- Oversight and quality control of all publicity material and collateral; working in partnership with marketing agency and proofing all materials; Creating systems for storing and use of all materials
- Managing the approval process for logo usage for all partners
- Assist COO in grant writing and reporting when appropriate
Key Conference and Event Support Responsibilities
- Coordinate designated events and conferences, undertaking detailed logistical planning and administration as necessary including managing forecast and budgets, venue booking, catering, organizing AV equipment, organizing and producing projects and events related materials and documentation, effective event marketing, invitations, guestlists and follow ups, and follow up outputs including evaluation reports.
- Foster strong working relationships with event partners and participants
- Attend cross-departmental meetings, working groups and briefings that affect the delivery of events
- Manage speaker and volunteer engagement including gathering bios and headshots, volunteer schedules and volunteer oversight as needed
General Tasks and Duties
- Manage general inquires that come through the info@Beyondbenign.org email
- Write standard operating procedures to support consistency in marketing and communications across the organization
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships and communicate with a diverse audience
- Strong writing skills, a high level of creativity and the ability to think analytically
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Highly resourceful team player with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
- Outstanding project management skills with an ability to develop ambitious goals and achieve them on time
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, Marketing, Communications, English, or any other relevant background
- 1-2 years of experience or equivalent
- Interest in STEM education and sustainability
- Administrative skills including but not limited to: proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point), Adobe Acrobat, Canva, CiviCRM and Social MedCia web platforms
We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and with diverse identities to this position; including but not limited to: sex, gender identity, gender expression, race, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, Indigenous identity, invisible and/or visible disabilities, cultural and/or religious upbringing, nationality, socio-economic status, body size and appearance, and/or intersections of these identities.
Terms: This is a full-time, remote position with some travel for conferences. The incumbent will be supervised by the Chief Operations Officer. Please note that this position is only open to applicants based in the U.S. and Canada.
Compensation: Salary is negotiable and will be based on experience and qualifications. Benefits package/PTO available.
Start Date: Start date is negotiable. Review of applications will continue on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Apply: E-mail cover letter, resume and inquires to firstname.lastname@example.org.