The Communications Intern will play a leading role in defining and executing Beyond Benign’s communication strategy. Beyond Benign has seen steady programmatic and financial growth over the past three years. We are poised to grow to fulfill our mission of empowering educators, students and the community to practice sustainability through chemistry. We are looking for an individual to help develop and execute a communication plan to increase awareness of our organization to educators, the community, corporations and foundations.
The ideal individual will have strong written and verbal communication, administrative and organizational skills and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. The Communications Intern will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to communicate to a wide variety of audiences. Hours are flexible, ideally can commit to 10 – 15 hrs/week and can work remotely. In addition to gaining experience and being a key team member to help drive organizational growth, all marketing materials produced can be included in the student’s portfolio. The Communications intern will take a lead role in the launch and execution our upcoming “Chemists invent green..” campaign, a series of interviews that highlight inventors using green chemistry to launch sustainable innovations.
Roles & Responsibilities (may include, but not limited to):
- Lead role in launching and executing “Chemists invent green…” campaign
- Overseeing blog and collaborating with board members and industry leaders for future blog stories
- Writing press releases around upcoming events and partnerships
- Assist in preparing quarterly newsletters
- Managing social media presence on Twitter and Instagram
- Updating marketing collateral
Required and Desired Characteristics:
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships and communicate with a diverse audience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly resourceful team player with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
- Outstanding project management skills with an ability to develop ambitious goals and achieve them on time
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Undergraduate students majoring in marketing, business, sociology, chemistry or education
- Interest in in community outreach, STEM/STEAM education and sustainability
- Administrative skills including but not limited to: proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point), Adobe Acrobat, and Social Media web platforms
Terms: Hours are flexible, ideally 10 – 15 hrs/week and can work remotely.
Contact: To apply send resume and cover letter to Nicki Wiggins, Director of Development: email@example.com