Advanced Green Chemistry: Connections to Our World
June 13, 2022 - August 8, 2022
If you’re looking to expand your students’ horizons and support their project-based learning and invention in the classroom, this is the course for you.
ABOUT THIS COURSE
Ready to take green chemistry to the next level in your classroom? Have you already started replacing your labs with safer materials?
Join Beyond Benign Certified Lead Teacher Tanya Elmer as you expand your knowledge of green chemistry principles and practices by analyzing Presidential Green Chemistry Challenge Award technologies. In this course, you’ll dive into toxicology for chemistry basics and investigate the pedagogy for effective guidance of student-based research projects and inquiry-based projects.
THIS COURSE IS RIGHT FOR YOU IF:
• You want to support your students’ project-based learning and invention in the classroom
• You have completed Intro to Green Chemistry and are ready to advance to the next level
• You are curious about how to foster student
BY ENROLLING YOU’LL LEARN:
• How to expand your knowledge of green chemistry principles and practices
• How to infuse student-driven projects and research into your curriculum
• How to develop deeper real-world chemistry connections for your students
COURSE TOPICS INCLUDE:
• Analyzing Presidential Green Chemistry Challenge Award technologies
• Introduction to Toxicology for chemistry basics
• Integration of science research into your chemistry course
Registration deadline EXTENDED to June 1, 2022
Funding provided by the NYS Pollution Prevention Institute through a grant from the Environmental Fund as administered by the NYS Department of Environmental Conservation.
Colorado teacher funding provided by Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment
Oregon teacher funding provided by Oregon Department of Environmental Quality
Idaho teacher funding provided by Idaho Department of Environmental Quality
Washington teacher funding provided by Department of Ecology