Beyond Benign, Incorporated
Position Opening: Program Manager, Higher Education
Beyond Benign, a nonprofit organization dedicated to green chemistry education, is seeking a professional individual for a new position as Program Manager for Beyond Benign’s higher education programs. At Beyond Benign, we seek to revolutionize the way chemistry is taught to prepare students and scientists to design products and processes that have reduced environmental and health impacts. To spread awareness of green chemistry and grow its application, we focus on K-12 and Higher Education. In our K-12 programs, we focus on professional development for teachers, curriculum development, field trips and outreach lab experiences for students. In our higher education programs, we focus on a college student fellows program and a new program called the Green Chemistry Commitment, a consortium aimed at increasing the adoption of green chemistry in higher education. The Program Manager position involves managing and leading the Green Chemistry Commitment (GCC) and College Student Fellows program and includes multiple tasks.
- Manage day-to-day GCC program growth including engagement with the advisory committee and working groups
- Recruit signatories of the GCC
- Maintain contact with GCC signing institutions and coordinate working groups
- Coordinate College Student Fellows program and activities
- Maintain website and manage social media
- Prepare communications for higher education programs (i.e., newsletters, e-mail communications, annual reports, flyers, presentations, etc.)
- Coordinate webinars, conferences, workshops, and other program tasks as needed
- Organize and maintain files and records
- Maintain and develop partnerships with like-minded institutions to advance green chemistry in higher education
- Interact with faculty and students to promote green chemistry in higher education
A Ph.D. in Chemistry, or related subject is preferred. Experience in green chemistry research, outreach and education is beneficial. Experience and interest in communications, partnership development, and administrative skills are beneficial. Attention to detail, excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential. Proficiency in Microsoft Office and social media are desired. Must be willing to travel and provide own transportation to regional events (travel costs and mileage are paid or reimbursed by Beyond Benign).
Terms: Full-time position
Location: Wilmington, MA
Compensation: Salary is negotiable and will be based on experience and qualifications, plus benefits package/PTO available.
Contact: E-mail cover letter, resume and inquires to email@example.com